1. You lovelovelove singing, and you both sing and dance to every song you hear. Even from within the confines of your carseat, you still wiggle your little body as much as you can as you sing hilarious 19 month old versions of any tune you like. Among your favorite this week: "You Are My Sunshine," "Itsy-Bitsy Spider," "ABCs," "Elmo's Song," "Someone Like You," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and the Bubble Guppies theme song.
2. Your pretend play has moved to a new level! This past Saturday you grabbed a stray closet hanger and started flying it around the house while making vehicle songs. When I asked you about it, and when Daddy asked about you, you explained that it was an "airplane." Which is awesome.
3. When you stomp your feet, you say "boom! boom!" at the same time.
4. You can now say "I love you, [insert name here]" and when it happens my heartstrings pull so tight that my body aches. However, when you're feeling contrary, you say "I love you, [someone who isn't present or an inanimate object]" and then laugh.
5. When singing the ABCs, you sing most letters of the alphabet with good accuracy. But the words after the letters get so very jumbled up until your favorite part of the song-- "I think you're wonderful."
6. You ask for help when you need it! Most recently you wanted assistance to get "ball in pocket." When it turned out the the ball was too big for the looks-only pocket on your shirt you were pretty devastated. But you have a dress with a big enough pocket and putting small treasures in it is one of your favorite things to do right now.
7. You now answer the phone by saying, "Hello, [insert name here]!" Which comes out, "Hey-o!"
8. When we go anywhere now you ask if we are going to see your friends, who you love to list by name. Recently you have been most obsessed with asking about Hadley, Jakey & Jackson-- the toddlers we saw the most of in August. You know several other friends' names as well and are very happy to see them when we get to play. Your favorite friend activities are "hands" (holding hands and walking around together), getting Horizon milk boxes at Target, swimming, doing "Ring Around the Rosy," and playing with small action figure-esque animals.
You are so much fun and oh-so-funny, my girl!